Beauty Mistakes I've MadeTuesday, 13 September 2016
I really only started getting interested in beauty when I was about 20 - I grew up with a mother who didn't really wear a lot of makeup herself, and a school that strictly forbid it, so I was a late bloomer.
In fact, none of my close friends are really into beauty either, so I guess it comes as no surprise that when I did finally get my hands on some products, I had no idea how to use them.
Thankfully, I've not lived through too many awful beauty trends, but I've definitely learnt a lot about everything. When I saw Rebecca from From Roses post about her Beauty Faux Pas, I immediately wanted to share with you guys some of my own.
I absolutely give you permission to judge me - I judge myself, every single day.
- Ironing my own hair. Kids with straighteners these days will never understand.
- Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse - is this going to be on everyones list? Probably.
- Wearing a ton of foundation and no blush or bronzer or anything. Yikes.
- Full face of makeup, but not filling in my (very sparse) brows.
- Deciding that I should fill my brows in, but using a metallic black/charcoal eyeshadow to do it. Made sense at the time.
- Wearing the same metallic black/charcoal eyeshadow on my eyes, but not blending it in.
- Silver eyeshadow. Not a nice kind.
- Sleeping in my makeup, because second day mascara looked 'cool'.
- Didn't use a cleanser until I was about 23. Or a moisturiser.
- Never wore anything on my lips for years, because I hated the feeling.
- Bleaching my hair at home. When it's naturally very, very dark.
- Wearing black eyeliner only on the bottom lash line. So very 00's.
- Trying to pull off liquid eyeliner as an everyday thing and learning that it just isn't for my eye shape.
- Forever choosing foundation shades that were too pink - or too dark.
- Not knowing SPF in flash photography gave flashback and thus resulting in a large collection of photos from my 20's with the dreaded 'ghostface' look.
- St Ives Apricot Scrub - need I say more?
What beauty mistakes have you made in the past?